Friday, February 27, 2009

Character, Not Comfort!

Romans 5:3-5
"We can rejoice too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hears with his love."

My paster said not too many weeks ago, that God is more interested in our character, not our comfort. Kevin and I now certainly have a character test before us...yesterday, I was informed that effective next week, I would be working a 3-day work week with a 40% pay cut...yes, ladies and gentlemen, 40%. To put it in to perspective for all you work folk, just imagine pretty much one of your paychecks being taken away each month. While the prospect of having two days off each week sounds absolutely divine, Kevin and I do have responsibilities that we are committed to, namely the three main subjects of this blog, our little mini-me's.

Because of our faith in God and knowing that he has plans for us, I am not "freaking out" and I know that Kevin and I will get through this and come out better on the other side. He and I have to quickly make some changes in our lifestyle along with making some hard decisions about our work situations. Because of this, please add us to your prayer list...that we will remain patient and we will listen to God and follow the plans that He already has for us.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments: