Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Chicken Pot Pie

Last night I made my first "homemade" chicken pot pie and boy did it turn out good! Kevin ate half of it by himself! I was proud of it though and it was super easy to make and cheap as well and so a "keeper" for my recipe book. I got it from the Kraft Foods website but I altered it just a bit and so here's the recipe if anyone wants to try it:

~ Quick 'n Easy Chicken Pot Pie ~
2 refridgerated pie shells
2 cups cooked chopped chicken (I used a bit more & I boiled mine first)
1 can mixed vegetables
1 can green beans
1/2 cup milk (again, I used a bit more)
1 can (10 3/4) cream of chicken soup

~ Cooking Directions ~
Preheat oven to 375.
Take 1 pie shell and lay it flat in your pie dish.
Mix vegetables, milk and soup in mixing bowl.
Pour into pie shell.
Top with 2nd pie shell and pinch together.
Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until crust is done.

So how easy can it be with as few as ingredients as this has. We also had rolls to go along with this. I can't wait to make it this winter when a "comfort" food is what you need for a long, cold night! Enjoy!

1 comment:

nh48 said...

oh boy beth! that looks than the Bisquick receipe i've used. TIME TO UPDATE! thanx.